Business Development Manager
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Business Development Manager to help support EBI in meeting our ambitious growth plans. Working as part of a small team, you will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with IFAs, Platforms and IFA networks.
EBI is unique in that we are a Discretionary Fund Manager that runs evidence based or “passive” investment portfolios on behalf of Independent Financial Advisers. Based in Walsall, we have been working with financial advisers from around the country since 2010, having grown to now manage over £1.5 billion in assets.
The Business Development Manager will report directly to the Head of Business Development. Please note that remote working is possible with this position.
- Actively managing client relationships, taking responsibility for day-to-day project management and delivery of targets, reporting directly to the Head of Business Development
- Responsible for retention of Clients and Funds under management
- Manage new business activities, to drive sales for the firm. Identify market opportunities and help develop the sales strategy
- Support or advise others to enable fulfilment of their accountabilities; accountable for providing input where required
- Proactively assisting business development efforts by maintaining current onboarded relationships and pitching for new business
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- Lead sales meetings to bring on new clients and close sales once embedded
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Meet with clients face to face/virtual meeting or over the phone
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to develop and improve the business
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives together with the Head of Business Development
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- The role would suit a candidate with a proven track record in generating relationships within the IFA space.
- Strong academic background with numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Personal drive and integrity to deliver results within tight deadlines
- Personable team player with the ability to create confidence and trust with both colleagues and clients
- Commitment to high quality standards and a detail-oriented approach
- Drive to progress their career in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communicator, organised, knowledgeable and technically minded.
- Technical investment knowledge across asset classes is advantageous
- Motivated to work using own initiative
- Relevant professional qualification (CII/Pfs Level 4 Qualified is ideal)
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + your birthday off
- Private medial cover
- Optional salary sacrifice pension, Cycle2Work scheme and electric vehicle leasing
- Progression opportunities in a growing business
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply now for immediate consideration, or to request further information.
**Please note this position is open to remote working**
*Interviews will be taking place immediately*